Manly Australia
Manly & Northern Beaches, Sydney Australia - Wednesday, 22 May - 2:01pm
Join us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter


Boat Trailer Trial Ban to Now Become Permanent

Source: Northern Beaches Council
Archived 1 May 2019 - Posted: 3 Mar 2019
Following the successful crack down prohibiting trailers and boats parking across 11 sites on the Northern Beaches, Council has voted to make the signage permanently enforceable.

Northern Beaches Mayor Michael Regan said “No Parking – Motor Vehicles Accepted” signs were installed for a six-month trial which commenced in June 2018 following safety concerns and complaints by locals.

“Boat trailers parked on the side of the road are one of our most complained about issues.

“In 2017, we received 329 complaints concerning boat trailers in Pittwater alone compared to 2018 when we received 174 in the designated trial area showing a clear decline in complaints and therefore proving the trial was successful.

“The trial has resulted in the relocation of all trailers at the 11 designated problem areas with 30 per cent not returning to the area again and the remaining 70 per cent relocating to adjoining streets or nearby reserves.

“Some trailers were from as far away as Queensland, but the majority are owned by locals and regardless of their personal situation, boat owners need to be responsible and not impact on local amenity.

“While these now relocated boats and trailers have moved to new locations in surrounding residential streets, some residents are understandably concerned as these trailers are often left unattended for extended period. We are currently assessing how to manage this.” Mayor Regan said. 

The trail locations which will now become permanent include:

  • Kenneth Road, Manly Vale
  • Balgowlah Road, Fairlight
  • Barrenjoey Road, Avalon Beach
  • Aiken Reserve, Queenscliff
  • Jacka Park, Freshwater
  • Allambie Road, Allambie Heights
  • Bassett Street, Mona Vale
  • Harbord Park, Freshwater
  • John Fisher Park, North Curl Curl
  • Lake Park Road, North Narrabeen
  • Richmond Avenue, Dee Why.

Council also endorsed the following to manage unattended trailers in undesirable locations as part of the Northern Beaches Parking Plan:

  • Applying area restrictions as required
  • Investigate a ‘trailer-parking permit’ system for residents to park trailers in their area
  • Advocating to the State Government for further changes to legislation
  • Investigating the options to partner with operators for off-street parking provision.

The Parking Plan is expected to go on public exhibition in March with a view to adoption towards the end of 2019.

In the meantime, if Council receives a requests for signage in an area not outlined above, they will assess these on a site-by-site basis and take into account safety, proximity to children’s activities and schools, impacts on local resident and visitors, impacts on surrounding streets of trailer relocation and alternatives such as timed parking.


This article archived 1 May 2019

The Rangers Cottage Manly The Rangers Cottage Manly The Rangers Cottage Manly Quiet private cottage a stones throw from the harbour an ideal home away from home.

Recent News

WOW Day 2019 - Wear Orange Wednesday to Thank our Dedicated SES Volunteers
WOW Day 2019 - Wear Orange Wednesday to Thank our Dedicated SES Volunteers
Wear Orange Wednesday (WOW Day) is on Wednesday 22nd of May and it's your...
Manly Arts Festival - Expressions of Interest Open
Manly Arts Festival - Expressions of Interest Open
Northern Beaches Council is calling for expressions of interest to be...
Taste of Manly 2019
Taste of Manly 2019
The pinnacle event of Manly’s vibrant food and music scene is just around...
Fire Stations Open Day
Fire Stations Open Day
Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW) will hold its annual Open Day on Saturday...
The Sausage Sizzle is Making a Difference this Election Day
The Sausage Sizzle is Making a Difference this Election Day
Lions Australia has a longstanding reputation for hosting some of Australia's...

What's New

 Conveyancing Made Easy
Conveyancing Made Easy
Think Conveyancing Manly & Northern Beaches
Waterfront Venue Hire!
Waterfront Venue Hire!
Manly Yacht Club
Luxury Limousine Transfers
Luxury Limousine Transfers
RRS Hire Cars and Tours
Metro Mirage - just 45 mins from the CBD
Metro Mirage - just 45 mins from the CBD
Metro Mirage Hotel Newport

Have You Visited

Luxury Limousine TransfersOur friendly chaufeurs are professional, reliable & discrete, ensuring you get to your destination safely, in style!View RRS Hire Cars and Tours »
+ Contact · Add Your Event · Add Media Release · Add Your Business · Privacy · Site Map · Website © 2001-2019 Stralia Web